Thursday 2 April 2009

Dior Homme S/S '09 ADs


It wasn't love at first sight, and I'm still not sure about the whole Dior Homme collection for this season. Maybe I'm still suffering from a post-Slimane-syndrome. I don't feel that cohesive force, or that strong concept, what made me fell in love with the brand, in the Hedi Slimane-times. But truth to say, there were finally some outstanding pieces in this collection by Kris van Assche.
It's very interesting to see, how different can be the atmosphere of the fashion show and the ad campaign. What I disliked about the styling of the show, that I love in the campaign pictures, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld, featuring model Marlon Teixeira.





photos: Hypebeast

My absolute favourite is the white cotton shirt with cutouts (featured in the ad photos as well). It reminds me of the ornaments, we put on our windows at Christmas-time. Very sophisticated, very clean, and very androgynous!


photo: German FHM Collections SS'09


Regards, Miska

No comments: