Thursday 7 May 2009

Yang Du's Buda and Pest


Oversized, colourful, perky knitwear.
Caps with huge pompoms.
Cactus-like bunny-ears.
Strawberries, watermelons, portraits of strange folks and a pink & black zebra.

How come all these things to my beloved capital city, Budapest?
In no wise.
Apart from that, the unisex creations of Yang Du have some special personal magnetism.
Electrifying.



The 30 year old Chinese CSM-trained designer, Yang Du entitled her latest collection for fall '09 "Buda" and "Pest" because of symbolic considerations.
"The reason I called it "Buda" and "Pest", was because, I realized I was on the "bridge" between the past and the future, trying to make my mind up about what I should do! I had very little time and I thought it would be good to carry on from my last collection, have more fun and more experience with knitwear, both hand knitting and machine knitting." ~ Yang Du


photos: Dazed Digital

Yang Du A/W 09 "Buda" and "Pest"
Photographer: Bella Howard
Stylist: Yasuhiro Takehisa


Regards, Miska

No comments: