Thursday 25 June 2009

Hugo by Hugo Boss Men S/S '10 RTW




The first collection, which grabbed my attention during the spring/summer 2010 mens fashion weeks, was Hugo by Hugo Boss designed by Bruno Pieters. I have to admit, that it was truly unexpected for me to see such an inspirational presentation from Hugo Boss. I always thought they are the German Calvin Klein, high-quality, cold and a little bit boring, but always safe. Perhaps it will be necessary to consider my point of view about Hugo.




Bruno Pieters used classic lines as a basic for the collection. Clean-cut silhouettes and explicit lines ruled the outfits. Minimalism in its best form. The color-palette presents the tints of the sky from dawn to sunset. As inspiration, the seascape photography of Wolfgang Uhlig was named, his style is reflected through the sharp boundaries and simple shapes of the collection. The result is a unique, chic menswear-line, which pays tribute to the past values but uses the modern elements efforlessly at the same time.
Perhaps not revolutionary but undoubtedly exciting what we've seen on Hugo's runway, I expect similar pleasant surprises from Paris this week.




I'm experimenting with the runway photos. I'd like to create an individual and eye-catching visual style for my runway reviews, which also fits in the image of the blog. The pictures above are retouched by me, the original ones can be found at WWD.com.


Regards, Miska

No comments: