Monday 23 February 2009

Neutral


It's over. Nothing memorable, like it just didn't happen.
I've never been a fan of the New York based fashion designers. Their work is really practical and wearable, but mostly nothing special. But this season was even less, than nothing.

source: models.com

What I felt while watching the shows? Recession, but not in the financial way, it was about the lack of anything new, or remarkable.

There were a few shows, with the same old standards, nothing revolutionary, but at least quality stuff. I liked the all black styling at Calvin Klein. But I disliked all the references to the '80s style. I don't understand Marc Jacob's decisions about the clothes and the styling.

The only collection, that I quite like, was Rodarte's 'Balenciaga-clone' presentation... actually the only reason why I liked it, is because I'm in love with the futuristic style of Balenciaga, so I don't know if it's a compliment or not.

Whatever, everyone says, this is going to be a tough year. Hoping for a better continuation. I have all my belief in London and Paris.

In summary, I expected much more fizzle, after such big changes in the US.

Now all my attention is on Europe. London may go hard!

xx Miska

No comments: